7.29.2009

Sophie Dress and Jonah Pants

I'm still here! Since getting my machine fixed, I've completed these 2 projects. I love them both!

  1. Sophie Dress
  2. Jonah's "Huck Finn" Pants
The Sophie Dress (I'm just calling it that because I made it for Sophie) was a lot of fun and really simple. I used Simplicity 2707 for the majority of the dress. To make it mine, I added the apron. I thought it added a needed "different" dimension. What do you think?

While making this dress, I learned how to put in my very first zipper. Let me just tell you how I feel about zippers, I HATE THEM! From now on, I'll avoid them however I can. Don't laugh--it took me 2--2-- hours to put that stupid thing on.

I think I might add a fabric flower of some sort to the bodice as well.




The Jonah pants were amazingly easy. I used a pattern from a new book that I got called Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. It's an adorable book with some great patterns and projects included. I'll be making many more of her projects in the future. I used the "Huck Finn" pattern in there for his pants. He got jealous when he saw me trying Sophie's dress on her and I told him I'd make him something. He was very excited when they were done and was oh so comfy and cute running around in them all day.



6 comments:

Mars said...

Cute stuff! Great fabrics. I'm glad you got your sewing machine back! I wish I had time to sew. I've been trying to sew 2 pillows for like 9 months now. The fabric & trim just sits on a shelf. You are so crafty

Jessica said...

Ya that dress is adorable! It's exciting to know that you have your machine back in working condition so I can copy (get ideas) your next cute project :)

Bethany said...

mygoodness! i love them both! i love how you alter things to make them your own.

Laura Hall said...

i like you

Anna said...

You are more brave then I am Sarah, I haven't attempted a zipper yet, nice work!

Teri said...

Hey, I tried to look at your family blog and I found out it is private. I like seeing what is going on with you guys. Let me know and I will send you my email address.