10.19.2009

sweaters to dresses

I love the thought of creating something cute from existing clothes.  This time I used a couple of sweaters that I don't wear anymore to make a couple of adorable dresses for Sophie.

The first was a cream colored cardigan I got as a hand-me-down from my sister but I never wore it.  It had bell-sleeves that I hated.  But I knew it had potential.  Watch the transformation...


before


after


in action


The second sweater is a light wool.  It was one of my favorites but I no longer liked the length.
This one was a little more technical.  I cut off the sleeves, took-in the shoulders, and took out some length.



before


after


after, too

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, these are adorable!!! You'll have to post a picture of the green one "in action". You are so creative, I love them!

Anna said...

Nice work Sarah!!!They look awesome!!!

Mars said...

SO CUTE! You are so talented. It really is so easy to transform a piece of clothing. But it takes a good eye like yours. Sophie is the dang cutest thing ever!