6.16.2009

What in the...

heck happened to my sewing machine???

I was working on a gift for a friend the other day and the most frustrating thing happened. At one point in my sewing, nearly half of the "item" (I don't want to reveal what it is, as this person might read the blog and I still haven't given her the gift) got shoved under the bobbin casing due to a particularly dull needle. Let's just say I wasn't exactly "gentle" while extracting my work from the machine. I yanked this way and that, up, down, side-ways, all the while trying to lift the needle back out when finally it gave. When I went to re-thread my machine, the stupid needle wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread. I'm pretty sure that if I took this thing to a repair shop, it would likely cost more than the machine itself. So I got out my tools and started dissecting the thing.

I think I've found the problem: the timing seems to be off. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've looked online and have found a few links that might help but boy, I'm not excited to fix it. Dang.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry, I don't know a thing about fixing sewing machines. I think you are very brave for trying though.

Bethany said...

lol, i'm so sad your machine broke! you're just too much of a genius on that machine, you need one that can handle your skillz. ;) if you have to pay to get it fixed, i will take the bill!!