6.08.2009

Fabric Flowers

My dear sister got me started on these. She found this link and started making some adorable versions of this cloth flower. I decided to try my hand at it and they're so easy! They're a great alternative to the typical flowers you find on head bands and barrettes these days.

Here is my version:


And here is one that I created by winding up some cute fabric, just twisting and turning it as I went. There really was no rhyme or reason to it. I sewed it as I went along to keep it in place. I love the vintage look it has. Then I added a red button for the center. I'm definitely going to be making more of these. I think they'll be adorable for some shoes or hairbands or clothes, etc:



Do any of you have ideas for other kinds of flowers? I'd love to hear them!!!

4 comments:

Laura Hall said...

Thats right y'all, thats my sister! Although we dont share the same talents genes.... Sad. Good job sister. I absolutely love it!

Anna said...

Very Fun Sarah! I definatley like yours better than the one in the tutorial.

MommaChelle said...

Hey sarah..that is very cute!!im gonna try and make it!
I made this one and ive had fun with it!http://stilldottie.blogspot.com/2008/11/flower-cluster-broach-belt-hair-piece.html

JR and Amanda said...

Sarah-You are so talented! Those flowers are adorable! I wish so badly that I could sew...Although I don't have a creative bone in my body!!!!! Sure miss you guys!

Amanda