3.27.2010

Easter Part 1

Memories of Easter dresses is what got me thinking about this project.  I remember going shopping for the perfect dress with a matching hat and white gloves.  I wanted to make Sophie's outfit this year and I wanted to do something vintage.  I found this great pattern by Simplicity.  It's a 1948 reprint and I fell in love with it immediately.  By the way, it's #2629.

I decided to go with a simple yet stylish fabric for the jacket so that she'd be able to wear it with other outfits this spring and summer.  Working with the pattern was easy overall but I did run into a snag when it came to sewing on the collar.  I just couldn't visualize how it was going to work out when it came time to turn it right-side out.  A quick email sent to Simplicity saved me and a very nice and helpful customer service person emailed me right back and with 2 more emails I understood everything and trusted her enough to go ahead and finish what I wasn't sure would work.  Well, it DID!  And this success made my day.  It took me about 4 days to finish the project.


To Come: Easter Part 2 (Dress)

2 comments:

Mars said...

oooh cute! I need to try sewing with a pattern...I never have but need to learn! I can't wait to see her dress!

Laura Hall said...

Sarah I love it! You did a great job. I am jealous, I could never do that. I cant wait to see the dress.