4.14.2009

project #3

butterick 3846

This is the first baby item I've made using a pattern. I've been working on it for about a month on and off, whenever I had spare time. I finally had to tell myself that it's OK that it takes a long time to complete a project because it's just for fun and I don't want it to become a stressful thing on my to-do list. I learned a TON while working on this outfit. I think working from a pattern is a great idea if you want to learn a lot of the basic sewing techniques.


I used the medium sized pattern. Sophie will probably be able to wear this next Spring. This outfit is 2 pieces, top and bottom.




One of the great things about a simple pattern is that you can get creative with embellishments and making it your own. For this outfit, I picked a really bold fabric with a lot of color variation so it didn't really need much. I used a yo-yo maker and button-cover kit to make these little flowers for the bottom-right of the top.


3 comments:

Laura Hall said...

Sarah I am so impressed with your talents! Seriously, that turned out so cute, and I am sure someone would pay at least $50 in a store for that outfit. The buttons turned out so cute. Great job! I want to play.

Laura Hall said...

Dont you think she could wear the top right now as a dress with little leggings or something?

Mars said...

SO CUTE!! Where did you get that awesome fabric?? I want to learn how to make those buttons/flower things. I REALLY want a sewing machine actually so I can start experimenting. You're so creative. Sophie will look darling in that.