4.27.2009

project #4

soft-sole baby shoes

There are tons of free patterns online to make your own soft-sole baby shoes. These shoes were a fun, fast project and are super cute! The great thing is that you probably have all the materials on hand already.

what you need:
You'll need some cute fabric scraps for the top and lining of your shoes. You'll also need some elastic (the amount depends on what size of shoes you'll be making). If you want to use a stronger material for the sole of the shoes, you can use either leather or a non-slip fabric (like they use on footy pajamas). You'll also need a pattern or if you're brave, you can come up with your own.


optional patterns:
I used this pattern. Here is a list of different links to patterns for making your own baby shoes.
I really wanted to find a pattern for mary janes but was unable to find a free one. So I'm currently working on coming up with one. I might just post it up here when it's done depending on my mood.



Here are some pictures of my final product. I'm very pleased and plan on making many more--maybe even some for Jonah!



9 comments:

Laura Hall said...

Sarah!Someday when I have kids I really want you to help me make some! YOu did so good on those, it looks like they were purchased in a store.

Bethany said...

um, those are the cutest shoes ever, amazing work. what a brilliant idea!

Steph Bowen said...

Those are so cute!!! Where do you get your fabric? All your projects have such awesome patterns!

Mars said...

Those are REALLY CUTE!! Good job!

Sarah Jayne said...

Thanks, Everyone! I get my fabric mostly at Hancock in Orem or Joann's. I'm trying to get a wholesale license so I can find some good stuff online but that hasn't happened yet.

Kristy said...

Sarah, this is Kristy,Laura's sister-in-law. She has always told me how talented you are and I'm so glad that I finally linked over to your website! You're amazing! You have gotten me excited to try so many things! All I need now is to figure out how to set up my sewing machine! I was wanting to make some little leg/arm warmers for my girls and Laura mentioned you had made some with socks. Is there somewhere you go into more detail about that process? Thanks for the great ideas!

Sarah Jayne said...

Kristy- Thanks for checking it out! I went ahead and posted project #5 per your request. Thanks for asking!! Spread the word! I'd love any more requests from anyone. If it's something I haven't done yet, I love trying new things!

Jessica said...

I'm make some for my neice, and Owen, and maybe even Kay! Thanks for the idea :)

Tami said...

I love the shoes! Check out this website for some cute mary janes and other styles:

http://www.breakitdowndesign.com/learn_to_make_shoes_pattern.htm

I have yet to try them, but can't wait! Thanks for a great blog:)